Are you using the worlds second largest search engine to get more customers for your business?
Everyone and their brother knows Google is number one but perhaps you’re not sure what number two is? Yahoo…Bing…AOL?
Good guesses but unfortunately wrong…It’s YouTube.
Oh, and by the way, remember that Google owns YouTube so you can understand how YouTube videos would rank very well in Google search results. Check out some cool current statistics about YouTube.
- More than 13 million hours of video were uploaded during 2010
- Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day
- YouTube’s demographic is broad: 18-54 years old
- YouTube mobile gets over 320M views a day (up 3x year/year), representing 10% of our daily views
- Nearly 17 million people have connected their YouTube account to at least one social service (Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, Buzz, etc)
- 150 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook (up 2.5x year/year) and every minute more than 500 tweets contain YouTube links (up 3x y/y)
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average, and we see more than 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in and keep up on their activity on the site
- Millions of videos are Favorited every day
- You need to create a video that speaks to your intended targets needs and show them that your product/service will solve their problem or fulfill their end desire.
- You must have a clear call to action.
- Your video can not be too long. In this multi-media driven time that we live people have very short attention spans.
- The video must be properly named.
- You need to have the proper keyphrase in the title of the video.
- The description must be properly written to get the maximum benefit.
- You need to use the best tags to enhance your videos find-ability…Did I just make up a word? Anyway you get my drift.
- Finally you need to know where to post, share, and bookmark you video to push it to the top and ultimately achieve your goals.